[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Matej Lieskovský lieskovsky.matej at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:30:54 UTC 2018

The change is usually on the order of single digit percent per year, making
even a decade old estimate much more representative than "heavy".
Seriously, "traffic=trunk" obviously means nothing if we cannot agree on
what "highway=trunk" means.

Ok, look here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/50.3124/13.8720
The highway=trunk section is a bypass built to motorway specification. It
is not even a motorroad, because it is so short, but the change in the
character of the road is immense - it goes from 2 lanes to 2+2 lanes with a
median, gets wider borders, no pedestrians, cyclists or agricultural
vehicles allowed... The fact that it is drawn as a trunk road hints at all
these changes.