[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 17:47:13 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 24. Feb 2018, at 03:47, Fernando Trebien <fernando.trebien at gmail.com> wrote:

>> drawn as a trunk road hints at all
>> these changes.
>

> You could also map it with lanes=4+foot=no+bicycle=no+agricultural=no
> and let the renderer decide whether these things are worthy of special
> representation or not.

there’s more to it, e.g. absence of traffic lights or level crossings (i.e. only ramps), separate carriageways, etc.
You can’t see the absence of traffic lights reliably in OSM, for example, and I imagine checking automatically for the type of crossings is also rather complex, just to be able to draw the road.

cheers,
Martin