[OSM-talk] Tool for tag tracking

Marco constable13 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 10:39:48 UTC 2018

Hi, last year I was searching pretty much the same thing and ended up
with this one:

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/54268/search-for-objects-created-after-a-certain-date-with-overpass

You could easily use that same code after tweaking it a little; I'm far
from being a programmer but I can easily use it.

See this:

/|[out:xml][timeout:250][adiff:"2015-01-01T00:00:00Z","2016-01-01T00:00:00Z"];
( node["highway"="crossing"]({{bbox}}); ); out body; out meta; >; out
skel qt;|/

This code returns all the created/edited nodes tagged as
highway=crossing in between 1-1-2015 and 1-1-2016, if you want to search
for the amenity=drinking_water created in between two dates you just
have to replace "highway" with "amenity" and "crossing" with
"drinking_water", in case you need to search those added/edited in
another time span, you just need to update the data in the first row.
Keep in mind that "node" on the third row, if you're searching fo the
highway=path tag, you'll have to replace the "node" with "way", because
no one uses the highway=path tag on a node (hopefully :D)
When you're done editing your code you just paste it here
http://overpass-turbo.eu/ , move the map on the area where you want to
search in, and click the start button.

Hopefully it works for you as well.
Cheers