[OSM-talk] Tool for tag tracking

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Jan 11 13:57:01 UTC 2018

Marc,

Not exactly. I wrote this tool http://ausleuchtung.ch/travel_pack/
primarily for my needs. I have to travel a lot, and before going to a
city or a town, I would like to see visually on the map where are
parking lots, car wash, hotels, supermarkets, police stations,
pharmacies, hospitals, bus stations, etc.

And, for example, in German language "car wash" is Autowäsche, in French
language "library" is bibliothèque, but "librarie" means a bookstore. I
mean tag names do no coincide in different languages. But if one
switches to a certain language one can see the objects' titles in
his/her language in the searchable drop down list. Searchable in that
selected language.

I plan to add more tags to the dynamic drop-down list with icons. I also
plan to switch to the local database and tiles, but for this I have to
move to self-hosting first.

With best regards,
O.
OSM: Alex-7