[OSM-talk] Fwd: Automatically generated changeset discussion comments by OSMCha

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Jan 12 15:42:15 UTC 2018

I echo Bryan - this is a much needed feature. I started incorporating
OSMCha into my review of new users in my area. That I could easily capture
"good and bad" edits and post a comment to the user at the same time is
nice. When I do come across a bad edit, and it doesn't happen often, I post
a more complete changeset message. For example, a yesterday a new user made
one bad and one good edit. The bad edit was to add a natural=water
rectangle in a back yard, his I'm assuming. It was so large you could fit
two or more olympic sized swimming pools in the same area. The other edit
was to add a parking lot. I often even post tips when they make a good edit
but the edit could use some improvement - often squaring houses.

OSMCha offers us the chance to catch problems early which is going to
discourage vandalism by removing any trace of it. That way the new user
can't show their friends how they added say a pokemon spawning feature next
to their house.

Willie - thanks for the feature

Clifford

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Erwin Olario <govvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> reposting an earlier reply, which i mistakenly sent directly just to
> Michael

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch