[OSM-talk] Automatically generated changeset discussion comments by OSMCha

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 12:42:42 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 12. Jan 2018, at 15:25, Michael Reichert <osm-ml at michreichert.de> wrote:
>
> Ideally, this comment should be localized. If a user uses the German
> locale of his editor, he should the receive the comment in German if the
> reviewer also uses a German locale (it is then very likely that they
> would use German for their normal conversation).

it depends on the context. From time to time I encounter changesets I want to comment on from (supposed) Germans which have edited around here (Italy). I’m usually writing the first comment in English, because I want my fellow Italian mappers to be able to follow.( Obviously, if the mapper doesn’t speak English, I’ll also communicate in German with them on the follow up). People mapping “abroad” is not a rare phenomenon in OSM.

Cheers,
Martin