[OSM-talk] proposed mechanical edit - moving FIXME=* to fixme=*

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jul 3 10:44:55 UTC 2018

3. Lipiec 2018 12:26 od t.pfeifer at computer.org <mailto:t.pfeifer at computer.org>:

>  > Removing the FIXME tag reduces the learning curve for map editors.
> What specific skill is to be learned here?

Not skill but knowledge - that fixme and FIXME have exactly the same meaning.

> On 03.07.2018 09:49, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>> - removes common duplicate confusing people
>
> I'm getting the impression that we cannot find agreements on more important confusions (grass and forest landuse/landcover for example), so we start looking at such decorative issues?

I hoped that that in this case there will be no controversy at all and this minor duplication

(one of many) can be eliminated without any XXL sized discussions.

> Fully agree. As the wiki page says: "This is not a tag for robots nor for any automated edits" - that should apply to both, the problem the individual fixme/FIXME marks, and the tag itself.

It is reminder that this tag should not be added by bot (fixme="opening hours missings").

I would not interpret it as 100% ban on any automated editing that is related to fixme tags.