[OSM-talk] proposed mechanical edit - moving FIXME=* to fixme=*

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 3 20:31:14 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-03 22:07, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> On 03.07.2018 10:28, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> Software should be able to deal with both.
>
> In my opinion, software should not _need_ to deal with both. Working
> around easily fixed database quality issues is a waste of time.

Good softwaredesign dictates "Be conservative in what you do, be liberal
in what you accept from others". Calling that a waste of time is IMHO
not a good standpoint.
Especially since in this case you do not fix anything. As said many
times, anyone can add a FIXME tag to the data and then you would again
overlook it. Until the next automated edit comes around and "fixes" the
FIXME tags.

Regards,
Maarten