[OSM-talk] proposed mechanical edit - moving FIXME=* to fixme=*

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jul 4 07:44:59 UTC 2018

4. Lipiec 2018 08:28 od f at zz.de <mailto:f at zz.de>:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 11:17:29PM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>> 3. Lipiec 2018 21:53 od >> f at zz.de <mailto:f at zz.de>>>  <>> mailto:f at zz.de <mailto:mailto:f at zz.de>>> >:
>>

>> > IMHO fixing problems in the data always start with fixing the cause
>> > why they are added in the first place. Otherwise you fix the current
>> > state but errors start beeing added the minute you think you are "done".
>>
>> That is one of motivation for this edit. Mappers learn by (among other
>> methods) by looking atĀ  currently mapped objects.
>
> From my QA work - No they dont.

I wonder whatever there is some more serious comparison. I base my

opinion on (a) personal experience (b) comments/explanations of other mappersĀ

(during tag discussion, changeset discussions etc).

Note that I am not claiming that it is sole/main method, I agree that editor presets

and wiki descriptions are much more powerful.