[OSM-talk] finding settlements where the highways do connect across the settlement

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Jul 5 07:30:57 UTC 2018

On 04/07/18 20:01, john whelan wrote:
> I connect them as I come across them I just wondered if anyone had a
> magic spell to find them?

There's a few ways.

KeepRight has a "floating islands" feature. OSM Inspect has "Island"
(under Routing). But both are only really useful when you're zoomed in a
lot, and will show *lots* of errors.

There was a site which processed OSM data, and generated "routing
islands" listing per country, and listed them all, sorted by length,
allowing you to fix the biggest problems first. But I can't find that
website! It had a bare bones HTML look, and I know it did Ireland.

Rory