[OSM-talk] SotM workshop about Overpass API
roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 05:56:58 UTC 2018
My SotM workshop will be partly or mostly dedicated to a HowTo-and-Q&A
session about Overpass API. This is an experimental format; I would like
to test out whether this works as a workshop or not. The stuff about
thinking outside the box of the OSM data model shall fill only a minor
part - I can be conveyed better in writing anyway.
For this purpose, I would like to collect questions to prepare
beforehand or get at least an idea what subjects you are interested in.
So, even if you have no particular question, feel free to pick one or
some topics as most interesting.
Sample topics could be, other topics are welcome as well:
* How can I analyse tag distribution
* Can I mimic taginfo for my personal region and should I?
* Cross-check data models for applications whether they will work: have
bus stops a name and what are bus stops really?
* How to track changes in my region
* How to track changes on my favourite tag
* What should I cross-check if I cannot refrain from doing a mechanical
edit: examples "FIXME" and "operator"
* How to query all elements on a specific level
* How to handle units in tag values
* What to do with the global bounding box
* Common cases for regular expressions in Overpass API
Using Overpass API from other tools:
* JOSM: things you should know
* uMap: One-Time-Imports and/or dynamic queries
* OpenLayers, Leaflet: up-to-date how-to-build a slippy overlay
* Python and other programming languages
* how and when quotas are enforced
* misbehaviour they really happens
Implications of the GDPR
You can of course also pose questions live on stage. But these are
expected to take more time and maybe get worse documented. So, as a
courtesy to the fellow audience and those who stay at home, please
choose your questions now and tell me.
You can answer to the list or directly to me, whatever you prefer.
More information about the talk