[OSM-talk] the new icon for the Tag:amenity=bureau_de_change

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 25 14:39:17 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-25 16:05, Daniel Koć wrote:

> We have the same problem with hospital symbol. There's even an official
> generic symbol that we could use, called "red crystal" (see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Red_Cross_and_Red_Crescent_Movement#The_Red_Crystal
> ) and I like it very much, but we still use red cross, because I think
> nobody would recognize it.

The Red Crystal symbol is protected by the ICRC. We can't use it, nor
can we use the Red Cross or Red Crescent. There have been numerous legal
cases which came down to the fact that these symbols are protected by
international law. Even historical representations (vintage ambulances,
hospitals etc) have an issue with this.