[OSM-talk] Remote Sensing / DOP / DIY people

James james2432 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 10:56:47 UTC 2018

drones, at least in Canada are even more regulated. You must fly at least
76.2m away from any building(due to privacy concerns), but have a maximum
flight height of 90m. You cannot fly within 5.5km of an aerodrome and 1.8km
of a heliport.
If you are flying non-recreationally(would collecting orthophotos be
considered non-rec.?) you need a license to operate. With the license I
believe you need a 100000$ liability coverage. Where as a kite, you dont.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/flying-drone-safely-legally.html#tips