[OSM-talk] finding drinking water with an Android app

Carlos Cámara carlos.camara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:19:59 UTC 2018

Hello,

Some people have already said to use Osmand+ but I would like to point out
a not-so-evident feature that may be of your interest: you can configure
the maps as to display Overlay POIs, which means that they will appear
highlighted and can be clicked on them to get all their tags. Usually, you
can choose from a predefined POIs list, like Accommodation, Parking, Shops,
restaurants... Despite drinking water is not on the list you can use the
search option and type that tag. By doing so all drinking waters will
become highlighted without having to query online services (it reads from
already downloaded data).

Hope this helps.

Carlos Cámara
http://carloscamara.es