[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto design

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Jun 29 14:17:46 UTC 2018

W dniu 29.06.2018 o 12:57, James pisze:
> But they say CartoCSS is dead, what is the intended replacement(if
> it's dead it's because there's a newer better thing?)? just a data
> structure that contains data/styling?

Being "dead" means it's no longer in development, but it's still
perfectly usable.

It could be another "translator" from CartoCSS language into Mapnik XML
configuration, but it's not ready to be replacement at the moment, see here:

https://github.com/omniscale/magnacarto/issues/7#issuecomment-399771053

If you can help with development of any of them, that would be helpful.
Otherwise we're just limited with what we have, which means CartoCSS 1.0.0.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]