[OSM-talk] Power Lines and topological error detection

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 7 14:33:26 UTC 2018

thanks Roland, this extract provides a lot of objects (highway, water, natural, landuse, etc.) that were clipped to power lines. We could even add low voltage power lines that are clipped to high voltage power lines.

I will play with JOSM Search to isolate the nodes that need to be unclipped.

Pierre

    Le mardi 6 mars 2018 23:30:50 HNE, Roland Olbricht <roland.olbricht at gmx.de> a écrit :

 Hi,

 > Various topological errors related to power lines are not detected by
 > OSM editors. Monitoring the High Voltage power network for Quebec I
 > often find nodes connecting crossing waterbody, highways, landuse to the
 > power lines.

FWIW, you can find them with a query like
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/wLQ

If you want to only get highways, there is still enough to do:
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/wLR

For practical work in JOSM, you can get power lines and the connected
objects: paste

way[power=line]({{bbox}});
node(w);
way(bn);
(._;>;);
out meta;

and choose a meaningful bounding box. Please do not do other things than
disconnecting, because you cannot see to what the other objects are
connected. But for disconnecting, this should be fine.

Cheers,
Roland