[OSM-talk] OSM and new Wikipedia map features

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:25:32 UTC 2018

P.S. example - this library [1] might be a good fit (any other
suggestions?). It does universal transliteration, yet even the author
writes this:

"transliteration supports almost all common languages whereas there might
be quirks in some specific languages. For example, Kanji characters in
Japanese will be transliterated as Chinese Pinyin. I couldn't find a better
way to distinguish Chinese Hanzi and Japanese Kanji. So if you would like
to romanize Japanese Kanji, please consider kuroshiro."

[1]: https://www.npmjs.com/package/transliteration#caveats