[OSM-talk] Android program with a custom map style

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun May 6 14:45:05 UTC 2018

I am looking for an Android application that has bicycle-focused map style available offline.

I am looking for features like
- ability to distinguish road based on surface (=sand =dirt =asphalt should be easy to distinguish)
- oneway arrows displayed based also on oneway:bicycle, cycleway=opposite,
cycleway=opposite_lane tags, not only oneway tag
- displaying bicycle routes
- displaying detailed info about ferries across rivers (at least fee, opening_hours,
seasonal and description tags)

I am not expecting that application like this exists and I checked
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_applications <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_applications>

My current plan is to use OSMand support for custom rendering -
maxerickson_ on IRC pointed me to http://osmand.net/help/docs/Custom_Rendering_How-To.htm <http://osmand.net/help/docs/Custom_Rendering_How-To.htm>

Has anybody made cycling focused map style for OSMand (or any other custom map style)?

Is there maybe an app that already implements what I mentioned and I missed it?