[OSM-talk] Issues with diffs

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:50:17 UTC 2018

On 09/05/2018 19:21, Andrzej Kępys wrote:

> OsmosisRuntimeException: The replication state doesn't contain a
> timestamp property.
>
> Any idea where can I post/report this?

Here (or the dev list) is as good a place as any :)

What this normally means is that osmosis has somehow "become confused" -
somehow some invalid replication data appeared, or you tried to reset
the replication data and something failed, or you tried to reset the
replication date for the first time since the http -> https move happened.

Here's what's in /var/lib/mod_tile/.osmosis/state.txt on a server of
mine right now:

#Wed May 09 20:40:05 CEST 2018
sequenceNumber=2963281
timestamp=2018-05-09T18\:39\:01Z

You should have something similar.  If you have something other than a
valid sequenceNumber / timestamp combination, try resetting the
replication date to a known-good value.  Typically I'd do that with
"openstreetmap-tiles-update-expire".  Note that when the OSM servers
moved from http to https a change to that was needed to ensure that the
files are obtained from https URLs (since osmosis didn't follow
redirects).  In the version that I use (and the version referred to by
the switch2osm guide) that is:

https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/mod_tile/blob/switch2osm/openstreetmap-tiles-update-expire#L114

Best Regards,

Andy