[OSM-talk] How to get an overview of multiple gpx on OSM map?

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sat Nov 3 17:51:52 UTC 2018

Hi _dikkeknodel,

I have a question - how do you record a GPX trace during 20 km walk? It
should be about 4 hours.

I also record GPS traces but usually for 15-20 minutes. I use a phone
with the OSMTracker app for Android with mixed results. Sometimes it
records a path well, sometimes it turns the second part of the walk into
a long direct line. Such a trace I usually discard.

Besides it empties the phone battery rather quickly. I usually take a
power-bank with me, but still it is not a good solution to get a phone
battery empty in mountains.

I am thinking of getting a dedicated device which can record the GPX
files, on the OSM map, and also measure and altitude more or less
correctly. The question is - what device, what model.

Best regards,
Oleksiy