[OSM-talk] Really heavy browser load with Overpass-turbo map display

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 07:47:18 UTC 2018

On 24/09/2018 20:36, Dave F wrote:
>> Switching to an older version of a browser isn't neutral and raise
>> security considerations as always.
>
> Usability is the same & 61.0 works OK & is only 2 months old. Personally
> I wouldn't rely on browser security.

There are a number of problems resulting from the major surgery Firefox
recently went through which are only slowly getting fixed. It would have
been much more sensible to maintain the original build in parallel until
more of the core functions and disabled extensions were made functional
and compatible. I'm still struggling with the lack of Firebug as the
replacement has problems with font sizes at least on linux and does not
provide some of the nice features Firebug STILL provides on my
development machine.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL