[OSM-talk] weird "excessive bounces" warnings from the list

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Oct 4 15:15:59 UTC 2018

Lots of OSM email list mail ends up in my GMail spam. AFAICS this is
because the remailer doesn't deal with DKIM headers properly (it changes
the signed content, To: for example, so the signature test fails) and some
providers (btmail for example) have DMARC records which force the rejection
of such emails by the recipient, and even if they don't the dkim failure
can increase the spam score over the threshold. The envelope-from seems to
be correct so that it sees osm as the sender (even though that's not what
From: says) and so uses OSM's SPF correctly.

David