[OSM-talk] LinuxFoundation Energy Summit 2018 in Edinburgh (too few OSM inside)

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:02:35 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Recently some power grid operators join their efforts to build up strong
open source software designed for energy grid building and operating.
It's mainly intended for professionals, engineers, researchers...

The next LinuxFoundation Energy Summit will be held by next 24 October.
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/lfenergysummit2018/

Collaborative cartography may be really important to achieve development of
such complex systems: they need accurate and up to date data.
Following my current professional experience, it becomes more and more
usual to clean-up proprietary and inside dataset with OSM data (my job,
sometimes on power infrastructure)
Certainly thanks to the long time effort of the community.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some French DSOs (distribution grids)
updating part of their own GIS with OSM.

Wouldn't it be time to show up in such professional events?
OSMF should think about OSM representation in LinuxFoundation events,
shouldn't it?

All the best

*Fran├žois*