[OSM-talk] Is it time to redevelop JOSM?

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 21:38:03 UTC 2018

On Sun, Oct 07, 2018 at 05:11:20PM -0400, James wrote:
> people will switch to openjdk. problem solved.

my hope too. Although Oracle's touch of death has left an impressive trace
in the IT departments Java is much more than that single implementation by
Sun/Oracle. Think Android, gcj, c-lang and a few dozens third party compilers
and implementations, also many new languages depending on Java.

> > iD runs using an Internet connection and a browser.  I think there is a
> > need for something like JOSM which can work completely off line if need be.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Merkaartor ?
Vespucci?

Richard