[OSM-talk] "Travel like a Local" series of printed maps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Oct 9 14:49:25 UTC 2018

(sorry, typo on subject in first message)

Hi,

someone has written to DWG because they were disappointed with a "Travel
like a Local" map they bought on Amazon. Apparently there's an author
there named "Maxwell Fox" who churns out these "Books" which promise,
among other things:

"The map is very detailed and it will not only give you all the
available roads and routes, but also the essential information to make
your Luxembourg City (Luxembourg) vacation unforgettable."

"In the map you can see all the available means of transport, bus stops
and routes so you can always know how to get everywhere."

"And because we know that a vacation is not only about the roads and
busses, the map gives you many options for eating, drinking and having a
good time!"

"We carefully marked all the restaurants, bars and pubs so you can
always find one that is nearby."

"In the Luxembourg City (Luxembourg) map you will also find the best
places to go shopping, the most famous and must-see sights, churches and
more."

"And if an emergency comes up, there are markings of police stations and
hospitals everywhere for your convenience."

"Each kind of marking has a different color so you can easily navigate
around the map and find exactly what you’re looking for within seconds."

Is this a new phenomenon? Has anyone seen any of these maps, or seen a
report about them? The Amazon listing doesn't say the data comes from
OSM, but I guess the printed work must, otherwise the complainant would
not have written to us...

Bye
Frederik