[OSM-talk] Fwd: Short ways added to substitute barriers

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 29 10:43:32 UTC 2018

Hi

I've had similar in my area, also by Amazon Logistics *, where they
added a short section around a gate like one you've indicated with
access=private. I removed it as you can drive right up to the gate. This
is tagging incorrectly for the router.

  It's the gate which is the restriction. The problem is the gate
doesn't have any subtags to indicate access. It could be permanently
open or locked shut. It might have a latch operable by all or a keypad
entry allowing entry to specific people. etc.

* Personally, I think causing more harm than benefit, but that's for
another thread.

Cheers
DaveF