[OSM-talk] iD influencing tagging

yves yvecai at mailbox.org
Wed Apr 10 19:02:58 UTC 2019

The iD editor team has made a tremendous job so far, and it's probably
because some people working together tightly have come up with good
ideas, and this is good.
However, when such an idea become controversial, it would be good
practice  to reach out openly with the wider community and other editors
developers, and take the time to do so. But in the end, it's up to them.
I don't see an 'Editor software rules working group' be a big success.

On another side, and when it comes to tagging (because it also comes to
that), I do understand that somebody wanting to have things done feel
irritated by the too few people discussing the matter at length on the
tagging list and the wiki. However, these are  communication channels we
have, and the people dedicated to it. For a maintainer of iD, to despise
these channel for advice or discussion is not helping to gain trust in
the development team, a very good way to make these channels worse, and
everybody's frustration high.

Yves