[OSM-talk] Software configuration | Re: iD influencing tagging

Tigerfell tigerfell-688 at tuta.io
Thu Apr 11 12:16:19 UTC 2019

I am pretty sure you can protect data items.

The cited template is transcluded into more than 380,000 pages. The most often transcluded template in the OSM wiki is used on about 78,000 pages. I do not think that a full protection was considered necessary, because we wanted to keep the wiki open and I can not recall an incident yet.

Of course we can discuss about locking everything down that could cause problems, but that would oppose the idea of an openly editable OpenStreetMap and it would be hard to explain that the docs are protected while everyone can just delete some area in the map.

I think the general move of Yuri is right (generalising and opening the machine readable docs for the community) and I appreciate that. Doing so also prevents accusations against developers as discussed initially.

Tigerfell

Apr. 11, 2019, 11:30 a.m. by mark+osm at carnildo.com: