[OSM-talk] uselessness of brand:wikipedia and brand:wikidata tags (was Re: Bank of India (and other) Wikidata tags)

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Apr 18 07:09:58 UTC 2019

Can you link some of this real, actually used uses?

Or even better - add them to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand:wikidata <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand:wikidata> ?

At this moment https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand:wikidata <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand:wikidata>
has a single theoretical example that relies on people not blindly adding brand:wikidata
tags based solely on matches of object type and name with popular shop/restaurant/fast food chain.

Apr 18, 2019, 6:03 AM by yuriastrakhan at gmail.com: