[OSM-talk] erm... imports still go on | Re: Isn't it nice to share? 🙂 | Re: Facebook mapping highways using AI in collaboration with OpenStreetMap

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Aug 2 13:07:16 UTC 2019

There have been, and continue to be, data imports, automated editing,and
AI type things (like this Facebook). Yes some are unhappy about
this, but it does _happen_. Facebook fights you in court for a copy of
your own personal data, which is a fundamental right. They're bound to
hold on to commercial viable data like PoIs (which I'd expect them to
do). To compare the two, and think an OSM import is about as hard as
getting data from Facebook....