[OSM-talk] Overpass API - Fetching countries, their capitals, and their borders

Wayne Emerson, Jr. ibemerson at verizon.net
Wed Aug 14 01:39:35 UTC 2019

He wasn't asking for every town on earth. Just every country's border,
and every country's capitol. I am a noob too so can't answer his
question. But I did run the wizard with "admin_level=2 and type:node"
and got 3,988 nodes. Which begs the question, why does Argentina have
dozens of admin level 2 nodes? I am guessing around 80 or so.