[OSM-talk] Anonymous comments on notes now disabled

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Aug 30 11:11:07 UTC 2019

Good afternoon,

I think in future when there will be more space on servers it would be a
good idea to add a possibility to attach an optional image to a note for
the registered users.

Nowadays a lot of people do have a good camera in their pockets. After
the note is closed down the JPG file could be deleted from the server.

For example, opening hours, the number of levels of a building, the name
of a bus stop, etc. could be demonstrated effectively and unequivocally
by a 100 KB image.

The modern programming languages are capable to check not only a file
extension but to verify that it is actually the JPG or the PNG image
file, so it is possible to create more or less effective protection
against unlikely attacks.

I know that there are websites where street-view images could be
uploaded, but I mean an image to illustrate the specific point of a note.

Best regards,

Oleksiy (Alex-7 at OSM)