[OSM-talk] Anonymous comments on notes now disabled

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 08:39:13 UTC 2019

Hi,

It seems a reasonable option, but we better make sure that users are aware
they need to log in! For now judging from the patch I don't see any new
messages, but I stand to be corrected.

Another thing on top of my head - having commented/fixed many MAPS.ME
notes, it seems that people using maps.me have a hard time logging in -
even though they have an account!
My "conspiracy theory" is they receive an e-mail on a smartphone and then
the rather suboptimal mobile UX of osm.org doesn't help them log in.

Another part of the theory trying to explain their overall low response
rate is their Gmail puts it in "Notifications" category (which without
explicit setting won't make a push message). They're somehow conditioned to
ignore it.

Michał