[OSM-talk] OSMF candidate office hours, ask me anything

Michal Migurski mike at teczno.com
Tue Dec 3 19:05:31 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I’m one of the twelve candidates running for OSMF board. When I was an OSM US board member in 2012, I had good luck starting a weekly “office hours” session for people to chat about OpenStreetMap (it ended up turning into Geobreakfast and still happens in SF and NYC 7 years later; find us on Twitter).

If you’ve read my candidacy manifesto, you might have noted that I’m running with the explicit encouragement and permission of my employer, Facebook:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM19/Election_to_Board/Answers_and_manifestos#Michal_Migurski

A candidate working in a company like FB and not specifically trying to disconnect OSM involvement from their day job is a potentially weird new thing in the community, so I thought it worth making myself available for questions, conversations, or whatever via conference call. I‘ve set up five hour-long blocks on my calendar accessible to a variety of time zones between now and when voting closes, and I’ll be hanging out ready to chat if you have anything you’d like to ask or share. Looking forward to chatting!

Times:

Hour 1, December 4 9:30am PST
Video call: https://bluejeans.com/791594022
Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+Office+Hours+1&iso=20191204T0930&p1=388&ah=1