[OSM-talk] Editing road geometry Australia

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 11 06:38:14 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-11 07:16, Petra Rajka - (p) wrote:

> Since January we started to work on road geometry in Canberra, Perth
> and Melbourne and we came across some intersections where roads (turn
> lanes) are mapped separately even where there is no physical divider
> or chevron markings.
>
> See below two cases where we would simplify the geometry:
>
>  	* -32.0914374, 116.0129206

Is seen no big problem in how the roads are layed out there. Coming from
the motorway there is a clear divider where the offramp connects to the
Albany Highway.
I have more problems with the tags of the on- and offramp. They are
mapped as motorway when they should be mapped as motorway_link. The two
bridges in the on- and offramp are mapped as motorway_link.

> 	* -35.3409195, 149.1616891

Ways 77001149 and 77000891 should IMHO not be mapped like that but
mapped with turn:lanes.

Regards,
Maarten