[OSM-talk] Ways divided by paint?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Jul 3 21:27:06 UTC 2019

Context is important.  If it's being controlled as a separate way (like an
angled deceleration or acceleration lane, or a flush median porkchop, or
the gore on a median bullnose), that's a good candidate for
placement=transition.

Keep in mind this gets super messy if you dont take context and intent into
account:  LAX becomes one, giant, continuous sheet of asphalt and concrete
instead of distinct runways, aprons and taxiways since all of the infields
are just part of the same paved surface painted green.