[OSM-talk] Ways divided by paint?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.uk
Thu Jul 4 14:43:38 UTC 2019

On 04/07/2019 15:24, Mike N wrote:
> What if strictly following the rule of "no split ways unless physical
> divider" results in wildly incorrect turn-by-turn instructions?

I have the same problem with the right turn lane being removed from
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/52.11366/-1.94141 ... one can
transition from the A46 to the A44 heading north WITHOUT having to stop
for the roundabout. Because the only separation IS a crosshatch area the
slip road has been removed but there is NOTHING to indicate that this
slip road even exists by any other tagging! Unless someone has an
'approved' way of adding it back?

Personally I think that micro-mapping complex junctions does require
multiple ways even if the planned routes through a junction can be
abused by taking the wrong path ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL