[OSM-talk] Reordering and rewriting Good Practice wiki page

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu Jul 4 16:28:00 UTC 2019

On 04.07.19 05:53, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> 2	Verifiability (+Map what's on the ground, Don't map: historic
> events, temporary features, local legislation etc)

In my opinion, the practices that you've turned into subheadings of the
verifiability section are not merely special cases of verifiability.

For example, temporary features are perfectly verifiable (until they
cease to exist, of course). The reasons why it's not usually considered
good practice to map them include the unsustainable maintenance effort
and the impact on offline use of our data.

So I feel these items are really their own separate practices, not part
of verifiability. If you want to avoid having too many top-level
headings, you might still be able to group the three "Don't map..."
rules into a common section.