[OSM-talk] handling street names in speech

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:52:33 UTC 2019

If we were to make such exceptions, we would get into trouble really fast,
as some streets are signed differently on one end and on the other,
depending how big the street sign is, or in what period it was put there.

Expanding abbreviations is the norm. I try to do it even for first and
middle names of people, when the street is named after a person. That only
works if it's possible to find it somewhere, of course.

Polyglot