[OSM-talk] add notes to personal profile

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:18:34 UTC 2019

On 18/07/19 17:57, Maarten Deen wrote:
> On 2019-07-18 09:44, Warin wrote:

>>> In OSMAnd?
>>
>> Similar to maps me etc, a phone render that has some editing
>> capabilities.
>>
>> In a similar fashion it could be said
>> "Notes that you create, either through osm.org, iD, JOSM or OSMand can
>> be found on
>> your profile under My Notes." I am certain there are other ways of
>> entering data into osm..
>
> My question was more pointed to where you can find those notes.
> Whether the "My Notes" function is something in OSMAnd or in OSM.
> I can't find it in OSM. It's not in my profile.

When you add stuff to OSM either by JOSM,id or OSMand ... it all goes
into the OSM date base. OK?

To find your notes that are in the OSM data base .. go to your OSM user
profile        https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/xxxx where xxxx is
your OSM user name.

There you will find across the upper part of the screen some blue writing

My Edits  My Notes My Traces My Diary My Comments My Settings

Click on "My Notes"  .... I think that is enough information?

------------- If you use a different name with OSMAnd then you will have
to look in that user profile.

PS .. I have no notes in my profile .. that means I have not entered any.