[OSM-talk] Removing "Wikiproject" prefix from place pages

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 21:09:13 UTC 2019

Hi, Harry!

Thank you for your comments.

I don't like the "WikiProject" prefixes on country pages either. I have
contacted many local communities and they all liked the idea (except Spain,
my country, where initially there was a resistance to abandon the
"WikiProject" prefix, for sentimental reasons, I think, but I explained the
advantages and finally they also liked the idea). There is already a lot of
country pages without prefix "WikiProject" in the wiki.

I have contacted the Canadian community and we will remove the prefix
"WikiProject" next week. The communities in the UK, Germany and France are
very important. If I can help, I offer my help, although it would be great
if volunteers from these communities were encouraged to remove the prefix
"Wikiproject" for themselves.

Thank you for the links. Very useful!

Greetings from Spain.

Regards,