[OSM-talk] adding my aerial sphere 360 panorama to the OpenStreetMap

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Jul 25 14:40:02 UTC 2019

Hi James,

thank you very much for your comment.

Both Mapillary and OpenStreetCam specialize in Street View style
imagery, i.e. the imagery created at the level of 1.5 - 2 meters above
the ground. These are great resources.

However, I shoot sphere panoramas at the altitude of 30 - 50 meters
above the ground. One such panorama covers an area of about one square
kilometer. It provides a good 3D impression and understanding of a
geographical place.

I learned from the interesting discussion at my new diary entry page
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alex-7/diary
that Wikimedia's Wmflabs works on its Panorama Viewer. Actually it is
functional already. And also that, probably, a new OSM tag is needed,
since a panorama, especially aerial, is not a usual still image, it is a
new different quickly developing technology.

Thank you again and have a good day.

Best regards,
O. (Alex-7 at OSM)