[OSM-talk] Facebook mapping highways using AI in collaboration with OpenStreetMap

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:42:41 UTC 2019

I also tried it out after Drishtie's post, and was impressed with many of the considerations in the process. The team developing this is indeed very open to feedback and have iterated a lot. I had also been watching this work as it moved alongside great strides in quality checks in iD. Deliberate open work to apply ML where it can be useful -> aiding human mappers, is the name of the game. Recommend to all to check it out directly.
* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

    On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 05:29:17 PM GMT+3, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

 I did. After Drishtie Patel announced a preview of this project[1] I gave it a go and shared my observations with them.
Martijn

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/DrishT/diary/368711