[OSM-talk] Facebook mapping highways using AI in collaboration with OpenStreetMap

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 25 20:03:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

> so it is an official OpenStreetMap effort, the OpenStreetMap-Foundation
> is involved, and this is their statement? This is the impression I would
> get from reading this paragraph without background information.

No it is not. This press release is on the same level as "Cloudmade's
OpenStreetMap Project" so many years ago. It would be nice if our
communications working group had the capacity of rectifying such
misinformation, or if companies could simply treat us more fairly in
their never-ending quest for attention, but both are unlikely to happen.

Bye
Frederik