[OSM-talk] Facebook mapping highways using AI in collaboration with OpenStreetMap

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Mon Jul 29 08:41:17 UTC 2019

Am 25.07.2019 um 11:36 schrieb Florian Lohoff:
> And IIRC it was about a
> collaboration with the local community in Thailand which their first aim
> was.
I just remember that the "collaboration" in Thailand some time ago
(might be years) was quite poor: by using AI generated data simply
thrown into the database they destroyed a lot of craft-mapped data. But
unfortunately I am not aware how this evolved and about the current
situation. That's the background why I would be very cautious about such
"collaboration statements".

BR,
Michael.