[OSM-talk] Wikibase items instead of usual templates for wiki pages?

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 21:06:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 8:03 PM mmd <mmd.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> This idea was recently discussed on Slack US #id channel. To quote Bryan
> on this: "We will never use the wikibase for our presets, sorry".

mmd, this was recently discussed in the iD sync-up call, and Bryan was much
more welcoming to the idea  :)

It doesn't have to be automatic, i.e. adding a new data item preset doesn't
automatically have to show up in iD.  Instead, a bot could create a pull
request for the repo, and let others review it.  Or we could have some
system of accepting presets, and changing their status to "accepted" to be
used.

The key here is that the community will have a much more direct way to
create, edit, review, and accept presets.