[OSM-talk] Proposed mechanical edit - remove blatant duplicates (sustenance=fast_food on amenity=fast_food, atm=yes on amenity=atm etc.)

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jun 14 06:57:22 UTC 2019

Recently in mapping I encountered amenity=atm with atm=yes

I manually removed atm=yes, but it turns that there is more of such objects.
I propose to run an automatic edit that will remove atm=yes from all such objects.
In addition I propose to remove also some other blatant and unnecessary duplicates.

So in total I propose to remove

atm=yes from amenity=atm http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JW8 <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JW8>
transportation=fuel from amenity=fuel http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JWe <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JWe>
sustenance=restaurant from amenity=restaurant http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JWh
sustenance=fast_food from amenity=fast_food http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JWc
service=post_office from amenity=post_office http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JWa <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/JWa>

as this duplicated tags are unnecessary, unwanted, confusing and undesirable.
Edits would be split to not create overly large bounding boxes.