[OSM-talk] Proposed mechanical edit - remove blatant duplicates (sustenance=fast_food on amenity=fast_food, atm=yes on amenity=atm etc.)

Yves yvecai at mailbox.org
Fri Jun 14 19:12:42 UTC 2019

It isn't worth it, I'm afraid you're loosing your time.
Given that the two tags aren't the same (amenity=atm is an atm, atm=yes contains an atm) you'll soon have this one art piece that definitely deserves amenity=atm + atm=no. Or not.
If you're not ready to consume OSM data using NOT, AND or OR, don't even start :)
Not to say that OSM should be a joyful mess, but to me such apparent redundancy does no harm. A matter of point of view on the best way to describe the same things, that's all.
Yves