[OSM-talk] Which global OSM mailing list for the "community index"?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 11:39:19 UTC 2019

On 20/06/2019 11:46, Mike N wrote:
> On 6/20/2019 5:58 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Clearly one of the global mailing lists is missing here;
>
>   Forum.openstreetmap.org

"talk" probably gets more pairs of eyes on it than the Q&A subforum
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=10 (which is probably
the nearest equivalent).  Both require registration with something that
new participants already have (an email address in one case; some OSM
login credentials in the other).  Both have had similar numbers of posts
today.

Some people will prefer forums to mailing lists, some vice versa; why
not suggest both?

I'd suggest "talk" as a more sensible introductory mailing list to
"tagging" as the latter is higher volume and more in depth in a
particular area of OSM.

Best Regards,

Andy