[OSM-talk] landuse=reservoir vs water=reservoir

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Jun 29 12:53:10 UTC 2019

29 Jun 2019, 14:08 by tomasstraupis at gmail.com:

>> (1) most of lead of landuse=reservoir for areas is a result of a bot edit, maybe an import
>>

> How do you know that?

See spike in the orange line on the left.

>> (2) since 2016 water=reservoir is growing much faster than landuse=reservoir
>>

> Remove "iD effect" and what will we get?

Not sure, I mentioned that proper analysis would be valuable.

>> Are you manually checking every single part of such edits? Otherwise you
>>
>> are making automated edits in violation of automatic edits code of conduct.
>>

> I'm doing QA in Lithuania for more than ten years and then doing
> appropriate action: fixing, informing, educating, updating.

I am not sure what is your method used for mass reverts that you mentioned but
automatic edits code of conduct still applies to you.

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct>

>  Don't change/brake stuff that works.

Software supporting only landuse=reservoir or only water=reservoir for
detecting reservoirs is already broken and was broken for a long time.